Saturday, November 10, 2007

This beats them all!

What a way to end my feastday - my furniture came!!!!! YES!!!! I got my shelves and cupboard! It arrived at 4pm and 2 guys assembled the lot till 6pm. Then I had to open up my 12 luggage and put the stuff to each place they belonged - books on the shelf, clothes in the cupboard, rubbish, stuff them away in any cupboard space. Fr Giovanni Loche came to help - I knew him when he was a novice in Rome and I was already ordained and studying italian. Now he's my professor! Then Jean Paul and Matteo (dinner just ended), then the dean and Fr Manns, and Fr Niccacci and Fr Loffreda. They all wowed at it. It is really very beautiful. Thanks to Nazarene Tours for arranging the carpenters to do the job - and of course to Lily my interior designer who thought of this. The whole plan creates alot of space and light; unlike those rooms with lots of bookshelves and give you claustrophobia (ever dreamed of being drowned by a tonne of books?). Even Bro Rosario came. He was my classmate 10 years back and now he's the secretary of the faculty. He really loved it and said "You've outdone everyone else" which is a BIG compliment because he is not known to compliment freely. And the cost? Well, I don't know yet. It shouldn't be more expensive than buying the furniture from shops because most if not all of the material are left-overs from a hotel renovation. And I trust Nazarene Tours.

Only things missing are my bed and table. I should get my table by next week.

I had my dinner (instant noodles) at 9.15pm and the Dean saw me. He was with Fr Manns, and both did not approve that I skipped dinner and eat only so late. Well I couldn't help it - 12 luggage you know? Anyway I'm very happy and excited. Will take photos for you to see. There's the before and after photos. Tomorrow morning I'll go to the Holy Sepulchre and pray for you all - and thanksgiving for my furniture.