Tuesday, November 20, 2007

busy busy busy

Had a hectic afternoon yesterday and this morning. Yesterday I was at the Missionaries of Charity to give a bible talk from 3-4pm. They have a house near Damascus Gate, but they have no work. They only visit families and sometimes allow children to play in their little hall. Most of the time they're praying in the Holy Sepulchre nearby.

Rushed home to help Sr Veronica with the garden but she said it was too dark and there was another group coming for Mass - she has to prepare the chapel for them. So we'll do the garden today. Then I cleaned out the birdcage - cold and dark, at 5pm. Was exhausted by then. Managed to do some reading before I slept though. Was so tired I didn't know what was happening around me during dinner (which is at 8pm, pretty late considering we have lunch at 12.30pm) - total braindead. People were talking with me but I just couldn't understand. Switched off.

This morning I was running around to St. Saviour's Monastery, Telepace and the tailor. The wind was very cold and people were wearing thick woollen clothes. The rains didn't come becuase the west wind was too strong and blew all the clouds away. However everyone was saying (in this land everything goes by hearsay; unfortunately they take it as more important than the truth) it will rain by this evening or tomorrow. Some other parts of Israel had rain though, yesterday. But I doubt it'll rain today, the sky is bright and blue. And awefully dry.

I'll be doing some reading before going down to the sacristy garden to work. The sisters have Eucharistic adoration everyday from 2.45-3.45pm and recite the chaplet of mercy (remember they're St. Faustina's congregation, famous for their devotion to the Divine Mercy) so Sr. veronica will be free only after that. Sr Geronima was late for Mass yesterday morning and she knew I'd make fun of that, so everytime she saw me yesterday she started talking and talking so that I had no chance to say anything. Smart move. Penguins have brains!

Tomorrow Daniel and Cecilia Cavero are coming from Spain for a short visit. I'll go pick them up at the airport. But a Singapore group also arrived and called me because they wanted to see me one of these days. And someone else from HK has arrived and has generously agreed to carry some stuff for me, so I have to be at home waiting for him. Gosh this is a busy week - I'll have to juggle my time. But that's the good side isn't it? It means I've got my visa and I'm still around to meet them all! Jerusalem is going to be filled with familiar footsteps this week!!!!!!