Well I just got back from a 2 hour walk - just about 4 km. Started from Salahaddin Street where I helped Fr Carmelo buy his stuff. He and I arrived in Israel together in 1992; he was then a seminarian. Now he's my professor. From East Jerusalem I crossed the no-man's land into West Jerusalem, walked up Prophets' street where the Ethiopic Orthodox Church has its cathedral and school (besides many other buildings of course), turned left a side street and reached Ben Yehuda, the pedastrian mall. I had to buy a puncher because my notes could not be put in the files without first punching a hole. Also got a couple of plastic folders.And all that walking is killing my feet.
On my way back, I stopped by 3 pet shops. Thought of Rex and Regis. Wonder how they are. Anyway next to the pet shops I found a non-kosher shop selling pork, ham, bacon and sea-food. A packet of shelled/peeled shrimps cost HK$100 - 25 to 30 shrimps, medium size. Is that expensive? Need your advice here, ok? Also a large bottle of sesame oil is HK$88 and a small soya sauce is HK$24. Instant noodles single pack (smaller than the ones we get in HK) - 5 for HK$36. A can of sugar cane drink is HK$10. Give me an idea if its expensive compared to HK, please!
OK now its back to work.