Thursday, July 2, 2020

Thursday

Infections have reached over 900 today ... but with only the empty calls of more restrictions, we all know nothing will be done. Each one just has to do what's best for himself. Palestine however has declared a full lockdown of the entire territory until further notice. It's harsh ... but at least it's a decisive action.      https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-israel-records-905-cases-in-past-day-ministers-to-mull-new-restrictions/

St. Louis hospital in the night
I'll still go to work but I've decided to work fewer days then now ... which is 7 days. There're lots of requests for books but since the library is closed to the public, I have to scan the pages and send it to the people. Sometimes I have to scan over 900 pages. It's tiring and time-consuming, but it's a necessary service to requests from all over the world.

My summer plan to go for long walks must now be shelved because of the pandemic. But I'm substituting it for watching the turkish docudrama I mentioned a few blogs ago: Dirilis Ertugrul. Thank goodness it's summer holidays plus lockdown .... I have time to watch this captivating series. Then off course I also spend time studying and doing the garden. It should be a nice summer ... it's up to me to be happy with it. And of course I have Buddy and JJ to keep me company.

Homemade fruit pastry
This morning social workers demonstrated across the country over the low pay while they worked during the pandemic lockdown. It's one of many other demonstrations that are and will take place during summer. Normally I'd have gone out to take photos of these demonstrations ... but now with the rising infection rate, I'm staying home.

The spanish sisters have begun asking for help to finance their poorest students for the next academic year. They know many families will not be able to afford the school fees but the sisters will not reject them. They just need funding from outside sources to cover the costs. I'll need to help them. And then there are many more requests for help to buy food, medicine, pay rent, electric and water bills. I'll do my best to see what I can do.