 |
| Empty City Centre |
After tens of thousands demonstrated against the PM and virus infections hitting over 1900, the govt has finally decided to do something about it .... in a late night meeting which excluded medical specialists. It was a political decision ... not medical. Medical experts have criticised it. Some opposition members have opposed it. The whole thing is so divisive and controversial. And everyone agrees it's too little too late. Anyway a partial lockdown has been decided ... effected only on weekends. That means from Friday 5pm to Sunday 5am. Restaurants, gyms and other public places will close completely all week. Food takeaways are only allowed. Now the vague area is libraries ... it's mentioned in the lockdown rules but it's not clear if libraries should close all week or only on weekends. I'll have to clarify this. For me it means either a workday or a holiday. Be that as it may, I've restricted my going out to work to only 2 mornings a week. All classes now are through Zoom. That's 4 hours of english classes each day. So a lockdown on weekends is good for me ... I can't go out so I just sleep and rest.
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/H1rAe1CkD?fbclid=IwAR09EJfhihoP25DSldibF3w5sUzdSBDwr4MmxAv3Xc3n1zYJz_J5S2vUrXw
and
https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-fresh-virus-lockdown-restaurants-gyms-to-close-for-the-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR0oVfwpoQ_cfoVrHXGYm5u9wNEszXuNJ7t0KJrDT3ayztapc0QfpV_Jx8s
 |
| Lining up to enter govt. office |
This morning I've been feeling very sick. The chest is very tight, I feel nauseous and giddy, and every once in a while a pain hits the heart area. I am afraid I'm heading for a heart attack ... so I keep my medicine closeby. It's a terrible feeling. But I have no fever and my bp is 127/80. Don't know why. I stay in my room with the aircon on so it can't be the heat. I hope it won't get worse. I don't want to go to hospital ... I'll definitely catch the virus there.
This afternoon is my last lesson for the week ... then I hope to sleep and read a little. And catch up with my armenian lessons. Summer is half gone and I don't want to waste it. So let the lockdown begin ... I'll make the most of it!!