 |
| Damascus Gate stalls & hawkers |
Infections have reached 1,107!!!! It's no longer scary. Alarm bells should be ringing and the police should be out in the streets enforcing the law. Well ... yes and no. The police are out in the streets but definitely not enforcing anything in my area. People still go about without masks or wearing it below their chins ...event he police are doing it. Damascus Gate market is still crowded and all the stalls are opened. 50% of the people there don't wear the mask. Certain towns and cities are under limited lockdown though. But public transport still run, restaurants and bars are still open though with limited patronage allowed. When will some of the authorities take some definitive actions to save our lives?
 |
| Sr. Kolbe |
I'm ruffled by the enormous spike of infections. On one hand, I want to stay in my room and not go out ... but on the other hand, I need to work and I know how to take all the necessary precautions. So I go to work. Being terribly hot ... 29-30 degrees ... and my asthma is bothering me alot due to the dust in the air, walking to work is quite an ordeal. And being Friday after the threat of annexation, we expect some violence. Police are everywhere and they might close off Damascus Gate and our streets so I decided to walk to work from inside the City rather and outside. On the way I stopped by the MC convent. Sr. Kolbe is recuperating from her ankle surgery so I went to see how she was. She's a kindly old soul who's always waiting to cook something for me to eat.
The weekend begins tonight and I'm excited to spend my weekend reading on my books and cooking some food for myself. I managed to buy several packs of instant noodles and frozen fishballs ... so it'll be fun.