 |
| Dawn |
Uncertainty hangs in the air as lockdown rules flipflop again. Beaches and pools will be opened but gyms not. It's unsure if restaurants will forced to close tomorrow as it was already postponed from last Friday. There're still many details that are not clear ... what is allowed and what not. Restauranteurs threaten to defy the closure and will demonstrate tonight if the restriction is not cancelled. Nurses have gone on strike for better conditions today, and social workers are in their 2nd week of strike for the same demands. Things have spiralled quickly out of control ... and it's not the virus I'm talking about. Society stability and economic security and healthcare are shaky. The govt must quickly come up with a resolute plan to assure the people.
News just in: schools, pools and beaches will be opened. Also restaurants will be opened. if they have opened spaces for sitting. I think totally enclosed restaurants will remain closed. Only 951 new infections in the last 24 hours ... a far cry from the 1900 last week.
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/govt-changes-direction-pools-schools-restaurants-to-remain-open-635664
 |
| Kite in the sky |
In East Jerusalem life goes on as usual. No protests. They are used to the frugal lifestyle and anyway the police don't fully enforce the lockdown laws. I was told there are 120 active infections in the Old City. The hospitals in East Jerusalem have no means to treat all these so they are supposed to be in home quarantine. That effectively means they're walking about in the streets, visiting people and hardly at home. I have to be very careful ... even when going out to buy essentials. Kite-flying is the normal summer thing to do in the eastern part of town. There is one which flies very high and is almost permanently in the sky ... and has reflector mirrors that glitter in the dark at night. There are several others during the day ... and they're very professional. Someone mentioned if there are security cameras fixed to them to sly on people below. Well, I'm not into conspiracy theories ... summer comes only once this year and I'll not spend it worrying and fretting. I might just try to go and fly a kite.