 |
| 2 coffins |
With over a thousand cases of new infections a day ... some cities have been placed under lockdown. I think it's mostly ultra-orthodox areas as the news mentioned one ultra-orthodox settlement where residents are fleeing in droves to escape the lockdown. Stupid thing is they'll carry the virus to all other parts of the country. How is the police going to round them all up now? Newspaper report says this new wave is more serious and more victims need ventilation equipment. Hospitals are crying out for help as collapse in the health system is imminent. For the muslim arabs, it's the month of weddings and all the celebrations have led to a rapid spread of the virus. So both sides of the border is being hit hard. And the worst news is that people who have recovered or were mildly infected may end up with brain damage or neurological problems. Just when you think things can't get any worse ... bad news keep coming. While walking to work with my mind filled with all these dreadful thoughts ... I saw 2 coffins by the side of the main road. Not sure if they're occupied ... but it's between St. Louis Hospital and the catholic morgue.
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/OBHF7E1YX?fbclid=IwAR3jWBkGqqH1OSuaER0XNosI2TZajbum0tE4igxTzcNgoLrM9fUnemSuSsc
and
https://www.ynetnews.com/magazine/article/SyfG0yXkD?fbclid=IwAR1RJJ8MOiGbVYxOMXGJcOGn3hva0N_UHjSSegw5vfsWbU1hdAtkKckcjfU
and
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/08/warning-of-serious-brain-disorders-in-people-with-mild-covid-symptoms
The sad reality which has hit several countries in the 1st wave ... is "model" countries that handled the pandemic are now losing control of the 2nd wave. The good example has now become that bad example.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/once-a-source-of-pride-israels-covid-response-now-a-cautionary-tale-for-world/?fbclid=IwAR363xBjBh-ZQ9S6WHHrEvDWqUGI2iPHlVh6cJJISQa-hb_ellq9dmrukAw
 |
| Playing in the new park |
My headset is spoilt so I have difficulty with online classes. I must use the computer built-in microphone but it gets too loud and disturbs the people living in the rooms next to mine. I don't know how to squeeze some free time to go buy a new one.
Meantime I also saw a happy sight ... children and families playing in the new park at Damascus Gate. It gives a sense of normality, of summer fun in an otherwise tense and worrisome time. Just wish those enjoying the park would wear masks and keep distance!!!!