Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Lights

Lights at New Gate
 The Christmas lights are on at New Gate and the Christian Quarter. It's not as subdued as last year, but still it was restraint. The economic strain on the people is palpable and celebrations are pulled back on a lesser scale. Nevertheless celebrations do bring a little cheer and distraction away from worries and troubles. 

Despite its simplicity, the light decorations are beautiful. Fringes of white and yellow lights hang over walls and huge drops of sparkling lights are interspersed throughout the streets. It's elegant and dignified, much better than previous when it was overdone with kitsch decorations and colours. I liked this year's decorations much better.

However there's been an influx of jews walking pass our Quarter - to avoid muslim areas - and I'm not sure how they'll take this. Every year they come to destroy our decorations, especially tearing down Christmas trees which they say are idols. Let's see if they'll start to cause trouble this year. Unbearably intolerant.

New Gate
One of our sisters who had gone back to India for holidays is now stuck at Delhi airport, because of the changes in Israeli policy. Her main problem is she doesn't have a Green Pass even though she had her 3rd shot. The queues were so long at the Municipality Square for booster shots that the medical team did not take down all the personal details, so now it's impossible to trace her vaccination record and get a Green Pass in order to come back. I hope after 2 weeks it'll all pass and we get ack to normal routine again. It's terribly stressful. I'm helping her contact and find her Green Pass at the Ministry of Health. It's a series of busy calls here and to india. I hope it gets resolved as soon as possible so she can come back.

Healthwise I'm feeling very sick. Yesterday was pretty bad. Today I'm a little better but much weaker. Am waiting for the hospital to give me a time for my appointment.