Thursday, November 4, 2021

Another day

Cemetery altar
 As temp. continue to drop slowly ... 12 degrees last night and maximum day temp. was 23 degrees, ashops begin to sell winter clothes and heaters. Even the food and drinks industry is switching to hot soups, sahlab and other cheap but warm foods. I can buy hot soups because the pots are put outside the shops. And a large cup is 15 shekels. Maybe I'll try it one day. 

I try to keep myself warm in the night, especially at 4am when it's coldest. That prevents an heavy attack of asthma caused by phlegm in my lungs and windpipe. That makes my 1km walk to the Ivrea Convent extremely difficult. Even dangerous as I might collapse or have a heart attack. I carry my nitro-glycerin spray always in my pocket.

Fighter jets flew overhead twice today. Seems like tensions at the northern border are not abating. Fingers crossed nothing serious will result. Winter is gloomy enough. We don't need a war with it.