Wednesday, November 10, 2021

New saint

Notre Dame
 Another exhausting day with 2 classes. I could hardly rest between classes as it's my feast day and I had to be present at lunch so the community could offer a cake for me to cut.  We had paella (seafood and rice) and steamed fish (Wednesday is an abstinence day for us)  and then a home baked cake.Thanks to everyone who celebrated it with me.

Tensions have been rising even higher today. Last night at 7pm I heard gunshots form the south of the City. Later I learned there were some gunmen in the neighbouring southern village of Abu Dis threatening university students for parking their cars in residential areas.

Then the army intercepted missiles fired from Gaza toward the sea. It's escalating and the newspapers are calling for caution. 

But there's good news too. One is the coming canonisation of Charles de Foucauld, the martyr of Tunisia who spent his first hermit years in our village of Taybeh and Nazareth. We're all very excited about it.

Then there's the coming lunar eclipse on the 19th. I hope to catch it.

Meantime I need to rest ... am not feeling well at all.