Sunday, November 7, 2021

Visit

Crypt of the Patriarchate
 Yesterday was very busy. I had to organise a meeting of our chinese catholic migrant workers with the Patriarch who wanted to see them. It was a good meeting .... the migrant workers were excited to see the patriarch, and he was pleased to meet for the first time the chinese community. He even allowed us to use his meeting room to eat our picnic lunch. We also celebrated Mass in the cathedral and then were allowed to enter the crypt where past patriarchs and canons are buried where I was asked to bless the tombs.

Cafes are packed
Outside in the streets, crowds of tourists have returned, both local and foreign. The small cafes are packed with people, many sitting on the floor as there's not enough tables. It's a good sign. Our churches were told to reopen from 8am to 5pm. Lots of americans, mexicans and french tourists are already here visiting our churches.

Yesterday I woke up with a swollen left hand. It was hurting very much. I think it could be a nerve problem because the pain was excruciating. No idea what happened, whether I twisted it or banged it on something.

Today will be a busy day. I have to deliver a lectern to the chapel at Caritas baby Hospital in Bethlehem, then prepare my lesson notes for my MA course that I'm teaching in India, a former student is coming for lunch and then I have to pick up fresh veggies for my meals this week.