Saturday, November 20, 2021

Full moon

Full moon over the wall
 The rains came yesterday. It was quite a heavy shower after lunch and then it was drizzle right through the evening. Then in the night it rained again and in the morning was again drizzle with dark clouds. I think it'll rain again in the afternoon. It's a nice break from the dry summer we've had. 

And the full moon is out. On my way home yesterday I couldn't resist taking photos of it over the City Walls in various parts eastwards. It was spectacular. 

The Empty Tomb
this morning
I've decided to stay home today as I don't want to slip on the slippery stones that pave the Old City. I only went out early at 5am to celebrate Mass at the Holy Sepulchre for your intentions. It was cold but the air was crisp and clean after the night rain. With my asthma, I had to take half an hour to get to the basilica, which usually would take 10 mins. Age has caught up. 

Well there were hardly any people in the basilica. Only 5 praying at the Empty Tomb. I had Mass inside the Tomb and prayed for all your intentions. Then I took a slow walk home, careful not to slip down the many steps leading home. I intend to clean my room today and finish my lesson notes for Monday. That leaves Sunday free for my own ... which I hope I can go out to buy some ponschki (or the jelly doughnuts) that jews eat for Hanukkah. But if it rains, then I'll decide to stay home and read. Buddy and JJ will be happy to spend time with me.