Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Santa's House

Visiting Santa's house
 The rains have returned. Well, a drizzle really. But we need it, so even a drizzle is something to celebrate. The temp has dropped a couple of degrees and it'll be only 10 degrees in the afternoon. I've got my heater on as it's already quite chilly. Th sky is grey but there's a little sun shining through. I think the coastal cities will be experiencing heavier showers as is usually the case.

I was very sick yesterday afternoon and thought I needed to be hospitalised. But at 5pm it subsided and I felt much better. It was not a good feeling.

Santa's House
Santa's House is open again. It's a local basketball star who converted his father's home into a wintry house where lots of people go to visit every year. His father used to dress as Santa Claus and entertained the local christian kids, and now he has taken over. You've definitely seen him. He's the Santa Claus that rides a camel and everyone takes photos of him and is circulated in major newspapers around the world.  Yesterday morning a group of handicap were wheeled in by nuns and volunteers to visit it. I was passing by that way because I could not walk the distance to my office, and our doorman's son drives me there in his golf cart. 

After 3 hours of frantic phone calls back and forth, I managed to get Sr. Sarita's green pass. Now she can travel back to Israel. The Omicron variant is causing a scare and Israel is pushing for children from 5 yrs and above to be vaccinated. More people are wearing the mask again. I'll need to be even more careful as I'm sicker than usual these days.