Thursday, December 9, 2021

Christmas shopping

Christmas shop
 And the rains came as predicted. It started with drizzle in the early evening and it turned to showers during the night. The temp. dropped to 8 degrees and lower during the night as well. Snow began to fall on Mt. Hermon. Now it really feels like winter. Ig anything, the Spring bulbs need this cold weather to kick start their growth and flowering in January. However if the rains are not sustained, then we'll have a drought year in 2022.

Yesterday I had to go buy Christmas stuff for the Caritas Baby Hospital in Bethlehem. Despite being a Catholic hospital, it has nothing to decorate for Christmas. The sisters there told me to help buy a tree and lights and bulbs so I went to get them in East Jerusalem. The shop was full of new decorations brought in from Greece. After 2 years of lockdown, the owners need business. So the little that I bought was a good beginning for them.

I'm trying to finish all my work today for this week so I'll have free time tomorrow to prepare the Christmas presents which we give our workers in the libraries every year. It's a tradition that we take half an hour off to greet each other Christmas wishes and we give them gifts of panettone and a little manger scene or something like that. So I'm back to work now ... on a cold, wet day that makes me sleepy.