Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Christmas tree

Giant Christmas tree far up on
the Mt of Olives
 The rain finally came but during the night. It wasn't as heavy as expected but the ground is drenched enough. It was cold though, I think 6 degrees last night. And the wind was quite strong. Today however the rains stopped and the sun was up again. But it remained cold, which is fine.

Last night on my way home, I could see an enormous Christmas tree lighted up on the Mt of Olives. It was very bright and from the distance, it certainly had to be some 20 meters high. I couldn't make out where it's from but being a muslim neighbourhood there, the only possibility is the Mormon University. You couldn't possibly miss it .... it is enormous and very bright. Christians are really splashing it this year to make Christmas a happy event, after 2 years of lockdowns and subdued celebrations.

I noticed there'll be a Christmas market at New Gate this evening. It's a phenomenon that's taking place in every place where there's a Catholic Church. I guess it's a way to help boost the local economy as many families need a source of income now that tourists have stopped coming into the country. It's a little something to get by. I hope people do come and help.

This weekend will be hectic for me as I have several projects to do. I'm really exhausted and yesterday everyone said I looked extremely tired and pale when I presided over vespers. I certainly was. And I'm in pain as well. The abdomen is terribly bloated. I need to go to hospital for the colonoscopy but I'm putting it off because I'm afraid.