Thursday, December 30, 2021

Cold

Refectory with candles
 Added to the Omicron pandemia and bird flu, we now have news that 2000 have been hospitalised because of the common flu. The hospitals are full. And the rest of us who need special treatment are placed on a long waiting list. After waiting for so long, I've finally got an appointment at the hospital and it's in 17 days time. If only people kept the mask rule, avoid crowds ... there would not be such a crush in the hospitals and people with other medical needs need not be sacrificed for the pandemic infected. I really feel so penalised for other people's carelessness.

The weather continues to be bright and sunny in the morning, but dark and wet in the afternoons. The nights are awfully cold, and I couldn't sleep as I was shivering. I'd love to go down to the refectory for a cup of hot cocoa but the thought of going out of my room in the cold just puts me back to bed under the blankets again.

Newspapers report that a local food company is going to raise prices in the new year, and there's lots of negative reaction by the public. Livelihood is badly affected by the closures and lockdowns, salaries have dropped drastically; people will have difficulty buying necessities as this company covers a wide range of daily products.

The end of the year is ending and we're praying 2022 will bring better things. Annus Horribilis. I'll have to celebrate the New Year Mass for the Konkani community. That'll be nice start to the New Year.