 |
| christmas wreathes at table |
It's Christmas Eve. I spent the whole morning preparing the christmas candle wreathes for our refectory and the statue of the Madonna. I had gone to the park to cut the berries and branches yesterday evening after the funeral Mass. It was very dark at 5.30pm and drizzling very heavily. Fr Romeo came with me as I was afraid of slipping in the wet ground and hurting myself and no one would know. We did alot of collecting and because of the weather, no one was around in the park.
This morning I started arranging the wreathes and placed them on the refectory tables. The sisters first set the tables with dining clothes. Now it looks very festive. There were few for lunch today as several had gone back for the holidays and others went to Bethlehem for the solemn entrance of the Patriarch and bishops followed by solemn vespers and preparations for Vigils and Midnight Mass.
 |
| Free Christmas trees |
The weather is extremely cold. 3 degrees I think now, and drizzling. But I nanaged to find a car that will bring me to Shepherds Field tonight to celebrate Mass with the chinese community and pray for all your intentions. I just hope it won't rain or hail, as I'd get quite sick. Fingers crossed.
Yesterday I also saw the Jewish group donating Christmas trees to Christians free of charge. They do it every year but orthodox jews frown and even attack them because they consider the trees to be idols.