Friday, October 25, 2019

Weekend again

Autumn leaves
Autumn is always short here. A couple of weeks and then winter starts. The trees are losing their leaves ... some are already half bare. Creepers change colour ... deep red. Amazing. Our passionfruit has suddenly produced 12 fruit ... but it will not last because temp. have dropped and other neighbouring passionfruit vines have already died.

Yes temp. have dropped quite a lot. Early this morning at 4am (it's the coldest part of the day) it was so cold I had use a blanket to keep warm. In fact I even had to turn on the heater for an hour. I can imagine what it will be like in December and January when it rains and snows. This afternoon we had a sudden shower and it stopped just as suddenly. News reports are warning of a fierce storm tomorrow. Warnings about flooding and falling debris have been published. I wonder if I should go out tomorrow morning because I must preach a retreat. we'll play by ear. Right now the sky is red ... a sure sign that rain will come.

Cloudy cold sunset
My day was filled with work in the morning, class at midday and then more work in the afternoon proof-editing articles. It takes a lot of concentration because I need to understand what is being written before correcting the text. It's not merely grammatical mistakes but a correction of style. By 5pm my mind was blocked. Too tired. Guess I'll go to sleep early.

The weekly Gaza protest at the border had been quite tranquil the past weeks ... till today. Reports say 77 have been injured by Israeli fire. Well a strong rainstorm will certainly deter any protest and keep everyone home ... what politics and military cannot do, Mother Nature can and will.  https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/palestinians/.premium-israeli-army-wounds-50-confronting-weekly-gaza-border-protest-1.8026955?fbclid=IwAR30iK2MhbI_4A8AfSnuNDDu3zFfo54FAs_prZvpZN97_rYh5kPeq9JcKAk

Meantime army chiefs are warning of a precarious northern border which could lead to war.  https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-chief-unveils-plan-for-massive-overhaul-of-israeli-military/?fbclid=IwAR27L6PKQ-YQS3H-5mnOl7xpkxmuATvvrxyqLci3yh2eb-zh3rURr2hIHBE

My