Sunday, October 6, 2019

After the rain

New 1st Station cast
It's the 1st Sunday after the feast of St. Francis and the 800th anniversary celebrations of Francis meeting the Sultan Al Malik in Damietta. The past 3 days celebrations was not all over yet. This morning new iron casts of the Way of the Cross were fixed on each of the Stations and blessed in a procession by the Custos and the friars this morning. I couldn't join in as I was celebrating the Armenian Mass at that time.

When Mass ended, I had to go to my office 1km uphill to meet a needy family that couldn't pay its rent. Then M. Teresa's sisters came to collect the last instalment of vitamins, first aid kits and clothe for Syria. It was a lot and the  2 sisters couldn't damage. luckily some Salesian seminarians passed by and helped the sisters carry the huge boxes and sacks to their convent 700m downhill.

Bernese Mountain
dog
After that I went to Jungle petshop to buy Buddy and JJ their mixed-seed food. It was sunny and cool so the walk was very pleasant. At the shop there was a huge Bernese Mountain dog ... it's thick fur had lice so he was given a shampoo. Throughout the process he was very calm. I liked it. Unfortunately I have no room to keep a dog ... so I have to settle with Buddy and JJ. And believe me, they are more demanding than a dog.

It's been the 3rd night that I've slept only 3 hours. I'm very exhausted from this. I'm hoping tomorrow to be better as I don't have class. My sprained back is over and I can walk ... though my left ankle as usual hurts whenever the weather changes.

Yesterday's unexpected rain is still hitting the headlines ... and the southernmost city of Eilat saw rain today. Really strange weather we're having.   https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5603154,00.html