![]() |
| Bar Mitzva boy with Torah scroll |
A little later I went to the Information Centre to book for a Mass but all the churches in Jerusalem are fully booked. At the Centre there was an exhibition of "Women and Textiles" ... where richly embroidered liturgical vestments from the 17th century are shown. Very wonderful collection.
Meanwhile Gaza fired a rocket into Israel. No panic ... it was a minor incident. We're watching the northern border ... an israeli drone was shot down in southern Lebanon. Now that could become explosive. That's scary.
Israeli embassies around the world have gone on strike. The financial budget for embassies have been stalled for a long time now and I guess the embassies are desperate. Anyway if you're expecting to collect a visa from the embassy in your country ... it'll take a while.
Anyway it's All Hallows' eve ... or halloween. That's the eve of All Saints day. It's a feast and we'll be having a solemn Mass. I'll need to rest early so I can keep up with tomorrow's celebrations.

