Friday, October 11, 2019

Soto Ayam

It's Friday and what a hectic day it was. Having forgotten to prepare the weekly salary of our cleaning lady in the Central Library, I went to the office at 5am. Prepared the money in an envelope and then did some cataloguing before returning home at 7am. Then it was preparation for 2 meetings at 10am and 11am on emergency procedures should there be an earthquake, fire or missile attack. It's an annual drill I conduct in the university library every year for staff and students/profs alike.

Soto Ayam dinner
Immediately after that I accompanied an indonesian family that came for a visit. Did the Way of the Cross. At the final stations in the Holy Sepulchre we met 2 exchange singaporean students and they tagged along for the rest of the afternoon. At 5pm while still in the Basilica, got a call from the MC sisters asking where I was because I should have gone to their convent for confessions and adoration at 4.30pm. It was a mad rush to their convent and everything ended at 7pm. A total of 14 hours non-stop work. Am totally exhausted. My feet are swollen. And my sprained back was hurting. But it was fun to be in asian company again ... a lot of local jokes.

One consolation ... the indonesian family cooked soto ayam for me. It was delicious. It had homemade ketupat as well. I ate it for dinner when I got home at 7.30pm and shared it with our indonesian student. What a treat!

Yesterday there were scuffles inside the Al Aqsa compound when police arrested 5 muslims and removed several furniture form a disputed hall. We expected demonstrations today but despite the fiery sermon preached by the imam, nothing resulted. Let's just hope this continues throughout the Sukkoth holidays.  https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israeli-police-arrest-5-Palestinians-at-Temple-Mount-gate-report-604159?fbclid=IwAR3ErR2yQ2JQZtkHjd6lj16OB8qUHsyv7Kbq0RhypTOECLuTaCYF49kZerQ