 |
| Rain!! |
What a show it was yesterday night! At 11pm the sky over Jerusalem flashed with hundreds of lightning for an hour. And the thunder was loud. I was woken up by the celestial show and could not sleep as it was so unexpected and incredible. This morning there were so many amazing pictures of the lightening storm on social media. And being the first day of Sukkot, there were some jews who slept in those wooden huts but had to go back to the safety of their homes others they might be struck by lightning.
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Sukkah-sleepers-soaked-by-thunderstorms-throughout-Israel-604672?fbclid=IwAR1depDOlqk5H7LQgZlchn4EeLyf3yWJuP9YQTx7z9F6mQXsL9RRaGoD24w
 |
| Rain on lemon trees and passionfruit |
Right now a heavy rainstorm just started. It feels so good to hear rain pattering on the window again. It's such a rarity for us in these past 15 years of drought. News coming in says it'll rain for only 1 hr and then it'll be clear again. I'll enjoy this one hour. Raindrops trickling down my windowpane .... incredible. The plants in the courtyard are all bathed in the rain. The ground smells musty as the rain soak into the hot dry stones.
My bronchitis is not improving. My cough is worse and sore throat is so painful. My head is so painful. And my fever has not subsided. And my joints are aching as well. I don't want to take antibiotics. Just drinking lots of water. People are saying it's a virus going around ... and it's true many people are sick for the past 3 weeks. I've spent the whole day in bed. The body is aching too much to move around. So I'll stay in bed and enjoy the rain.