Thursday, October 17, 2019

Crowds and fests

Packed street at noon
It's the 4th day of Sukkoth .. and the annual Jerusalem March took place at 8am with thousands of protestant christians participating. They believe they must come for Sukkoth because the prophet Zechariah in 14:16 said that all the pagans will come to Jerusalem to celebrate the feast of Sukkoth and then the Messiah will come. All major roads in the City were closed for this march ... and this year it was more of a festival than a religious march mainly  because the ultra-orthodox jews oppose this march claiming it's christianizing their jewish feast. The govt on the other hand wants the tourist money so it's gone ahead with the parade. I had to go and pick up some leftover food from Mian restaurant and at the Jaffa Street crossroads, there was a huge crowd of people milling around. It was after the parade.

International Food fest
I'm still not feeling well but the antibiotics have started kicking in. My temp fell by late afternoon and also the headache. But I'm still coughing badly and wheezing. It's definitely a virus going around as I'm not the only one with these symptoms. I really hope I'll get better tomorrow. It feels so miserable to be so sick in bed all day.

The China and Far East stalls
Despite losing my voice I gave a conference to the MC sisters and then confession but left immediately because I had a backlog of 3 days' work. Having done some after an hour, I decided to get some fresh air .... only to find there's an international food and beer fest along the western City wall. It was very crowded. And it wasn't anything to rave over .... mediocre fast food. But it's a nice change of cuisine for the Sukkoth festival for many locals. I enjoyed the lights and the fresh air ... my lungs cleared up a bit. Now it's back to bed because tomorrow it'll be a heavy day.