This photo says it all. No, it's not a morning call ... it's a protest sign in a park near the Great Synagogue by the tent protesters. Well, Jerusalem certainly woke up early this morning ... not because of the Muslim Muzzein who started singing over the megaphone at 4.30am but the cacophony of bells being clashed at the Holy Sepulchre by the Greek Orthodox Christians. It lasted a full 33 minutes ... the clash (literally because Greek Orthodox bells do not have tongues that swing but are struck/hammered by hand from the outside; and their bells are not tuned) of bells started at 5am. I wonder what happened. It certainly caused a racket that woke the living and the dead.
And waking up has certainly been a problem for me this week ... a dreadful fatigue has overtaken me. I need to rest a hour or so in the morning and another hour in the afternoon. And yesterday when I needed to go to Ratisbonne which is 2 km away, I found out I couldn't even walk at normal pace. Even 80 yr. old women with walking sticks were overtaking me.
Sadly the Israeli Court is going ahead with deportations of foreigners' children born in Israel. It's a cleansing that will spread its grasp not just on children but eventually adults as well. http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israeli-court-rules-to-deport-4-year-old-daughter-of-foreign-workers-1.380631