Have been feeling very confused and disoriented yesterday and today. Maybe it's the heat - 33 degrees and very dry. And of course there were the sleepless nights because the muslims celebrate their meal till 1am and wake up to restart their meal at 3am; with fireworks, chants, drumming.
This morning Majed's whole family came over - Majed is our doorman. There was his wife, his 5 sons Majd, Amir, Yoyo, Hmoud and Adam. We played around in the courtyard and had some fun with mosquito larvae and flowers ... don't ask me how or why. Then Jeremy came with a group. He's a british Israeli guide whose warmth and sincerity is always a pleasure to encounter. He stood at the gate, grinned ever so broadly and stretched out his hands to hug me. It's been like 4 months since we last saw each other because I moved out of Jerusalem. It was really great to see him again. That sorta settled my confused and disoriented brain ... with something familiar that I can anchor onto.
Am trying to get back to reading up and writing my thesis. But the brain is not up to it ... will have to force myself. It's like the brain is lost in space ... floating somewhere out there. I think it's the lack of sleep and probably food. I'm taking massive doses of antacid because I think I have ulcers in the stomach. Am beginning to eat a bit of food. Here's an example of my lunch - rice in yoghurt, fuul (Fava beans) and chopped ham. It's got the carbos, protein and other stuff that I lack in my body. Hopefully that'll bring the brains back to earth.