Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Segregation in action

A Jewish woman was beaten up by a rabbi when she did not walk on the women's side of the street. Street segregation is becoming common where orthodox Jews live. Now there's talk of segregating seats in buses ........ sounds like America before the civil rights movement. Now when I walk on the road or take a bus (like ever!) I'll have to watch out which side I'm on. I don't want orthodox Jews jumping on me. It's bad enough having our muslim neighbours beat me up.

Well the guy who died this morning turns out to be a Catholic living in one of our buildings behind our monastery. 26 yrs old. Had his tonsils taken out yesterday but bled to death last night in his house when no one realised what was happening to him (they left him in his room and closed the door). Then again that family is not known to be very caring - I've lived in a room directly opposite their apartment 18 yrs back ... so I know it first hand. If I'm not wrong the guy who died used to throw the family rubbish into our monastery every night when he was supposed to empty it in the dumpster out on the main road. He was still throwing rubbish into our courtyard just a few weeks ago. And imagine he was a Catholic living in our Franciscan apartment for free and now will be buried in our franciscan cemetary. Believe me when you live here long enough, you'll meet some of these ingrates who have not a slice of conscience.