Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cold

The temperature fell as forecast. In the nights and mornings it's pretty chilly. And there's a dampness in the air. You can smell it. But it never rained. The days though get pretty hot.

This morning the Salesians had their Dies Academicus - they invited the Rector of the Lateran University, Archibishop Fisichelli to speak on the priesthood. It was quite a crowded affair. I was there, not so much to join in the conference but more to work. But it was good to meet some of the Jordanian diocesan seminarians whom I knew earlier this year during Holy Week. I promised to visit them in their Beit Jalah seminary but never really could fulfill it. But I really should.

Anyway I'm pushed to the limits to finish my research. My qualification paper was finally approved by the Council last week. The dean called me to his office and read the giudizio (judgement/assesment) on my paper and its approval. Now I must study extra hard. Feels like breaking point. Pray for me!