Monday, September 21, 2020

New attempt

 OK!! I'm using a different computer in another location ... and now I can access and upload this blog. Let's see how long it'll last.

Sunrise today
Anyway our 2nd lockdown is in its 2nd day. It's less restrictive than the 1st one in March ... people are allowed to work so long as there's no contact with the public. We can walk freely for up to 1km when previously we were restricted to only 100 meters. Pharmacies and essential shops like food and repair shops are still open. School are closed though. Still the streets are not empty ... people go about their work or buying food or exercising. With some 5000 infections a day and 30 dead in 24 hours ... the public hopefully understands the gravity of the pandemic. But it's an uphill battle as beaches continue to be packed with people and prayer halls as well. On the 1st night of the lockdown, a group of jewish youths attacked 5 arab street cleaners. And by the way, mass demonstrations are still allowed.
JJ studying with me
This year marks the 20th year since the start of the 2nd Intifada. It was a time of great fear ... with countless bombings and deaths. People didn't dare to go out ... unlike this pandemic lockdown. Maybe an invisible enemy is less threatening.

Since it's a lockdown ... or partial lockdown as newspapers call it ... the weekend was quiet and slow. I managed to spend alot of time studying ... until Buddy and JJ insisted on playing. I found a way to distract the, so I could study in peace ... I bought blackberry twigs from the petshop. The 2 birds enjoy stripping the bark and chewing on the twigs. That gives me about an hour of time to study while they're occupied.  


So much for today ... it's just a trial run with this attempt to upload a blog. Tomorrow I'll try again.