 |
| Full moon at harvest time |
It was 38 degrees today but it could have gone well over 40 degrees. Today you could feel the heat coming off the ground. Everyone and everyone has felt this phenomenon. Waves of heat were pulsating out of the ground ... rising up to the masked face ... choking eyebrow who was outdoors. Yes you didn't have to go out to the streets. Just going out to the courtyard or garden and you can feel the hot suffocation. I had wanted to go to buy some rations but only walking 20 meters, I had to turn back. My chest was hurting and I couldn't breathe from the mask and heat. I was backing out. Luckily a seminarian was nearby and carried me back.
 |
| Overheated Palm Plaza |
This heatwave onslaught will last till Sunday and I certainly don't want to go out. I just hope I have enough food in store. And it's not just because of the heatwave ... it looks very likely the entire Old City and the whole of East Jerusalem will be locked down. New infections have reached 3000 .... utterly unthinkable!!! The State is still afraid to take decisive action, ultra-orthoox rabbis are threatening cabinet ministers, the reopening of schools 2 days ago which already saw a spike in infections .... it's total chaos. It's each man for himself ... no one else is going to help you. I'm going back into seclusion ... as much as I can anyway. It's not worth risky my health. I've been quite ill these past 2 days ... what with the heat and my asthma and phlegmatic lungs.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/health-minister-virus-czar-said-set-to-propose-full-lockdown-in-8-cities-towns/?fbclid=IwAR0jE4V4QkE7sD9jQ43upTnevqs2PhtU_63FOKgM0LU5oJQwQAFio7XV0sA
News just in .... restrictions will be imposed on Monday. Severe lockdown on some 30 cities and towns ... but the list is still being discussed. We'll have to wait till midnight for a definitive list ... and see if the Old City will be closed.
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/SktggK0mD?fbclid=IwAR129mXF3Uef7yVUevE6uW_5ps2PeV9w1sdh7kUeMUt8CjIBRBi00xwYB5M