![]() |
| Jaffa Gate blocked by police |
We're 15 hours to total lockdown. No one is happy about it. apparently it's alot more severe than the 1st lockdown in March ... but as I see it, it only is harsher with religious gathering s and demonstrations. It's mainly to curtail massive crowds during the Jewish Yom Kippur on Monday and the feast of Sukkot a week later. Still the eve of a lockdown is always full of jitters. Have I enough food stocked? Do I have enough medicines? I did go and buy up my essential medicines which I must take daily. Also at the insistence of the Dean, I went to get my flu shot. The flu season is starting and with my asthma and low resistence, if I catch the flu it'll make me more vulnerable to catching Covid. Not taking any chances here ... at least my community doesn't want me to take chances.
Covid cases are still in the 7000s today ... the 2nd day running. It's a nightmare. I had to go to our legal office to clarify what the lockdown means for my workers. Will they be compensated and by whom ... the govt or the insurance community or what? How do you define "essential worker"? The govt directives are very vague and we don't know what to do ... so finally we decided everyone will work till 12pm (2 hrs before lockdown) and then we close our institutes for 2 weeks and wait for more govt.directives.
![]() |
| Ducklings |

