 |
| Quiet Jaffa street in heatwave |
It doesn't matter how hot it is today ... 43 or whatever ... or that 1000 people have since died from the virus yesterday. Everyone is worried only of one thing .... are they locked down. The Old City has been designated "highly restricted red zone" which means it's way over the measuring scale. But the jewish feasts are coming up next week and a lockdown of the Wailing Wall, and the Al Aqsa mosque (where over 20,000 gather every Friday without distancing and masks) and the Holy Sepulchre will create an international outcry. Of course I know and urge a total lockdown of the Old City ... I don't believe the govt should fear international reaction. The pandemic is our problem here in the Old City for us to solve, and foreign countries should shut up and deal with their own pandemic.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/official-mull-temple-mount-closure-among-steps-to-stem-virus-spread/?fbclid=IwAR0BLdu5pdCbw0iuyUfiYvl5RAe10JTuaFJN1jp1n2m8OQwOskIMJfkdxJM
 |
Ice cream cone
yesterday |
So we continue to wait for the govt instructions if we will be locked down. I should have enough food for 5 days ... I bought 3 shekels worth of pitta bread. And I have a jar of fig marmalade given to me by one of my workers. And a couple of canned peas and tuna which will go well with white rice or noodles. So I'll survive. And today I went to buy another pack of mixed seeds for Buddy and JJ. They should eat more veggies and fruit ... it costs less. But the poor boys know nothing of economics ... and they eat as they're still growing. Buddy is 3 yrs old and JJ just completed 1 yr. For them, the pandemic means me spending more time with them ... playing, talking, studying and sleeping together. In fact at times, I think they're tired of me being in the same for 6 months now. They appreciate some quiet time to sleep when I go out to work.
I've been having a headache for 3 days now ... obviously from the heatwave. But I also need to rest as I've been studying very hard, reading lots of books. Yesterday on my way home from work in 43 degree heat, I decided to buy an ice cream cone. It was never so delicious and cooling. Little delights before the lockdown begins ... if it does.