Monday, June 29, 2020

Ss. Peter & Paul

Iwo burger and chips yesterday
It's the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul .... the traditional day when priests and deacons are ordained. We've had quite a few the past week. From Salesians to diocesans to franciscans. The sad thing is that their families cannot come to join them. The closure of the airport and borders mean that no outsider can enter the country. All the ordinations were broadcast on live streaming so their families around the world can follow. I hope the ordinands will get to go back home soon and celebrate with their families. Times are difficult and we just need to bite the bullet and hang on.

The govt. is still unable to make a clear decision regarding the rising number of daily infections. The people and health agencies are fed up. Newspapers are calling the govt a failure and had lost control of the virus containment.  The corona committee and the cabinet couldn't agree on the next step to take. So everything hangs in the air while people continue to get infected and die.   https://www.timesofisrael.com/country-losing-control-of-virus-israel-society-for-infectious-diseases-warns/?fbclid=IwAR0V8IKy54cy3QlSjlNBjr0t7eNh-WyazU4K6sledhQvekuNaCvX6N1WzU0
and   https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-june-28-2020/?fbclid=IwAR2fbIZ5Qmw-S2XtTi-PUKhVRMeU-liwWWJzCuh0MXTFVDH4sD_qMOZe9FM

Grandpa & grandson
Yesterday I went to a friend's shop as he asked me to give him some aquatic plants. My plants are always the best: healthy, no chemicals, natural ... and all the petshops know that. So my plants are in big demand. I don't sell it ... I give away all my extra and overgrown plants. The shops in return give me birdseed in exchange ... so Buddy and JJ have food. I think that's a nice deal. After meeting my friend Eran of Jungle Petshop, I passed by Iwo burgers. Another friend there was just opening the restaurant so I thought I'd buy one to treat myself for lunch. After all I've worked very hard all week. Chatted with my friend while he cooked up a great burger, topped with eggs and a smiley face bun. Lockdown has been hard ... but it made us appreciate friendships.

Also yesterday I discovered a turkish tv series .... a docudrama on the turks during the Crusader period - "Dirilis Ertugrul" (Resurrection: Ertugrul). Not a bad production, some good cinematography, the scenery of the open plains and the Crusader castles are superb. No wonder it took the turkish and muslim world by storm. It gives the muslim perspective to the Crusaders campaigns, and the internal affairs of the turks and arabs. As one review said ... it served to revive muslim pride and unify the arabs today with a common past. A very useful political tool indeed .... television can be. Dangerous too.