Monday, June 15, 2020

New week

Fried noodles and prawns
It's Monday again ... and I had a terrible night coughing and wheezing. Woke up at 2am and was up since. The morning was filled with work, classes and meetings. Then I had to go meet my student who graduated last week. He'll be transferred to Nazareth next week and will be ordained priest there. I had helped guide his thesis and he passed the defense very well. We had a simple meal at mandarin restaurant to celebrate ... fried noodles and a dish of tomato prawns. Cost 200 shekels. Expensive ... but that's the prices nowadays after the lockdown. My other student whom I guided also for his defense did extremely well ... scoring 100%. Very proud of them. Next week I start daily intensive english classes for the students who are stuck here in Jerusalem.

Tram between New Gate and St. Louis
hospital
I did manage to take a short rest in the afternoon as I was too exhausted to continue doing anything. Short but deep nap. And Buddy and JJ were sleeping with me as they like to do. It's some quiet time we spend during these months of lockdown and restricted movements. Other than that it's play time for the birds ... they have endless energy and are constantly seeking attention to play. JJ can play for hours with paperclips. Buddy will play with coins and bells.

Now for a funny ironical story in the news ... a local top health official contracted coronavirus after the organised a "end-of-corona" party. Everyone is having a good laugh at this. Over confidence and lack of prudence ... and the result is this.  https://www.ynetnews.com/article/ByLzo976U?fbclid=IwAR1NyLbc_XAYerOhdEMUhJBt3PvHoHNKD_rUW5APrjup3LegPGOHCsLP8ng

Virus infections have continued to rise ... with the epicentre now in south Tel Aviv-Jaffa. And if that;s not enough, the nightly demonstrations against the demolition of an ancient muslim cemetery continues despite lockdown and distancing rules. Police in Jerusalem and enforcing the mask ruling ... yesterday at New Gate 2 policemen were handing out fines to people going to Church not wearing masks. It;s 200 shekels a fine. That's a lot when you have no job.