 |
| Palms flowering at the plaza |
Infections have risen to 420 in the past 24 hours. It's really getting frightening ... and the govt is still undecided as to what to do. It's going to cost lives. I'll have to be so careful nowadays ... take nothing for granted. Sectors of 2 cities have been closed off and now the govt has approved secret police tracking of sick people. I think this is the weak link of Israel and Palestine ... tracing. They have all the other medicines and care but they can't control the spread of the virus because they fail in tracking. Prevention is better than cure ... but here they've been concentrating only on cure. In Asia it's not even discussed ... just track and stop the spread. Prevention is everything.
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/E6IN9GREC?fbclid=IwAR3JCrf0TJmEF38wJaRWhJy0HaYioQ-PNHpAWuxQwJZk-cyIP7gs0kaUJXA
 |
| Empty street |
The weather is still fine and typical early summer ... not reaching 30 degrees yet. The dates, pomegranates, vine and autumn fruit trees are all flowering. I think we'll have a lovely harvest at year's end. Today's celebration of the birth of John the Baptist at his birthplace in Ein Kerem must have been lovely. It's in a valley where all the wild fruit trees and pine cover the surrounding mountains. It's always an experience to travel to that church.
I go to work every morning ... but this morning it was terrible. Woke up with great difficulty in breathing. Almost fainted from lack of oxygen. Then I had chest pains which lasts till now in the evening. Giddy. But my bp is 131/81 which is not too high so I'm not sure what's the problem. I'll need to rest more today after 4 hours of classes.
Meantime our street has been closed to traffic for 4 days now. Still not sure why. But it certainly helps in lessening people who don't wear masks. I feel safer. But without cars allowed to enter or leave the area ... we cannot stock up on our food. I think we're running short of food soon. I will just buy my own food and carry them home walking. Survival instinct.
On the political front, the dateline for annexing palestinian land looms. Foreign countries and local groups are taking positions on either side. Tensions are rising. We'll have to watch carefully what developes in the next week.