 |
| Masks for sale |
Palestine is under lockdown again ... it's decision is quick and decisive, unlike Israel. Yesterday we heard that the Basilica of the Nativity in Bethlehem was closed again ... and news reports that an eventual lockdown will be imposed because the infection rates have risen in Palestine. Now we hear Hebron and Nablus, 2 big cities in Palestine are under total lockdown. It's a brave act ... businesses will close again, worries over food and medicines rise ... but as long as people don't abide by the norms, lockdowns will be brought back. Israel on the other hand is paralysed by political inertia and infections have risen to 300 a day .... the PM is just repeating the same threats of lockdown which no one believes he'll do. People ignore him and go about without masks or distancing ... dancing mice in front of a toothless tiger. I'm not taking any chances ... reports in the news say the virus has mutated and more young victims are infected and dying. I'm asthmatic, diabetic, high bp, low resistance ... I'm not taking any chances.
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/r1J79YnaU?q=16&fbclid=IwAR1R_78lKL7VCGqA263qff4PeWBhjdfageMFHnZEK6aOvjj9GyQRkxvUgFc
Anyway the govt right now is calling hospitals to reopen their infection wards and prepare for an influx of corona patients.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/hospitals-told-to-prepare-to-reopen-specialized-covid-19-wards-as-cases-mount/?fbclid=IwAR3tRtYz5nSD5vOwArRPyTtdwQcR-Un7IFHvBxaYGPeDjLrXi-kc_7lpb4Y
 |
| Police take down |
On my way home today, I witnessed a really crazy dramatic scene ... straight out form the movies. A van was screeching between the traffic and halted at the Damascus Gate roundabout, blocking all the traffic. The driver .. a tiny guy ... can out and ran out and confronted the police who quickly took him down and arrested him. I kept at a distance because if a gun were used, there might have be stray bullets. I'm not taking any chances. Imagine surviving the coronavirus only to be killed by a stray bullet!!! Not worth it!!
Anyway I went out after Mass to buy food and medicine because if Israel does decide to impose a 2nd lockdown ... I'm ready. Most important is to buy food for Buddy and JJ. During the last lockdown, I wasn't prepared and for a week the birds had to eat rice and bread. They got quite sick.