Thursday, June 11, 2020

Hacked again?

It's almost the weekend ... and the holiday mood is certainly flooding in. I'm preparing the books I plan to read during summer. I also have to plan my timetable as a Thai seminarian is unable to go back home for summer because of the lockdown so I was asked to teach him English during the holidays. It's 2 hours every day from Monday to Friday. That'll take up my mornings. I also have remedial English classes for the chinese sisters. I'll spend tonight thinking what else I can do for the rest of my summer holidays. There will of course be classes on the Bible since lockdown guarantees that no one will be going on overseas vacation. Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew ... but I'll give it a try. It'll be a different kind of summer holiday.

It's the feast of Corpus Christi today ... in the Holy Sepulchre. The Archbishop was there with a small entourage. The Mass and procession was limited to 50 people ... a little lacklustre but poignant nonetheless. The rest of us only watched it on live stream. Tomorrow the Ivrea sisters are celebrating their founder's day ... the Mass will be a little longer with the Gloria and sermon ... but I rather enjoy that.

Clashes continued in Jaffa for the 3rd night ... this time more focussed on the destruction of the muslim cemetery in order to build a care home in its place. And still on Jaffa (and Tel Aviv) ... it's now the epicentre of corona infections, edging Jerusalem out. The highest infections are from migrant workers and the arab population. That's not good news. The spike overnight is now so high the govt has authorised police to strictly enforce the law ... and today alone hundreds of fines have been issued. Anyone refusing to comply will be arrested. I for one am very very happy.   https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-to-step-up-mask-enforcement-as-virus-cases-spike-overnight/?fbclid=IwAR3q_pQtTecPm7o5Al4CU9GlWtDfc2452y2ivzL-Z4cnMwASYPODA9PkJF0
and   https://www.ynetnews.com/article/SJ9rBS1aL

** someone is tampering with my blog. Now I cannot upload any photos. For the past month I couldn't download them. Why can't the police catch those hackers?