![]() |
| Northern dumplings |
And the 端午節 got me thinking. Being the 5th day of the 5th month, considered inauspicious and when venomous animals end their hibernation ... Was that why I was so sick yesterday? Of course it's superstitious to thank that! But ... what a coincidence. Last night I was up at midnight with chest pains again ... and a load of phlegm deep in my lungs which I could not cough up. I walked for almost 2 hours on the terrace and that helped loosen my chest and calmed the spasms in the windpipe. Mind you, it was very cold. The wind was unusually chilly but the sweet strong perfume of the night blooming jasmine made a big difference. It had a calming effect. Let's hope I won't have to undergo another night like that.
![]() |
| Midnight over the City |
News just in. Bethlehem will be under lockdown. I was planning to go there on Sunday to deliver medicines and food to the MC sisters but now it looks like it'll not be possible. The virus is spreading real fast ... but unlike Palestine, Israel is still undecided what to do. It'll be a costly procrastination.

