Tuesday, March 31, 2020

More strictures

My row of Spring flowers
As the govt tightens the lockdown, we hear that some 700 troops will be deployed to accompany police in enforcing the lockdown. Like I said, some parts of the country are more locked down than others ... like the Old City. Now the Health Minister wants to close off several ultra-orthodox neighbourhoods because majority of the clusters come from those areas. We're still not sure when this will be over ... but newspapers say it'll probably be after the jewish Passover when there is no threat of mass gatherings. The Chief Rabbi just now decreed that the burning of leaven before Passover should not be done in public with a crowd. And for the first time, the Passover meal can be celebrated through Skype or Zoom, no need for physical presence. This is revolutionary.

Farfalle and spinach
And from today we're required to wear face masks when going out ... not that any of our arab residents are going to obey it ... nor the police are going to enforce it on the arabs. The police don't want a confrontation over a small thing. But they might stop people from walking in the streets.

Over a week in lockdown and I've been cooking or making up recipes for my meals. Sometimes I use leftovers and make something out of it. Like yesterday there was farfalle pasta which I mixed with spinach and onions which our cook Nadia was preparing for lunch. I enjoyed that ... and so did JJ and Buddy. They've been having lunch with me all this week.  

As per the govt's directives to cut down workers to 15%, we have sent all our workers except the doorman back home indefinitely. Last night we had a meeting to distribute work among ourselves. My job is to clean the upstairs' courtyard ... which I usually do anyway. Let's hope it rains tomorrow so all the dirt will be washed away and I don't have to clean so much.