Thursday, March 12, 2020

Storm coming


Storm brewing
So now it's a pandemic. It doesn't change anything on ground level. We continue to live with lots of prudence and responsibility, avoiding crowds and washing hands. Personal hygiene is all important and takes precedence over anything else ... including having to go out. Unless very necessary, home stay is advised. And that's what I'm doing for the past 3 weeks. My fear of catching something is real because our in-house doc told me my chances are higher than others because of my asthma and lower immunity. So I am staying home unless I really must go out.

Yesterday a group of rabbis took a helicopter to fly closer to heaven and pray for the end of the virus. Funny? Not really. They do this during crisis ... like droughts. And I still remember the time when they prayed from way high up in the sky for rain ... when it actually did. If it works, why not?

The weather has turned 180 degrees ... the sky is very dark and a storm is brewing. Forecast is thunder storm tomorrow throughout the country. Mother Nature has a way to keep everyone indoors if they don't want to obey the "avoid crowds and going out" orders by the govt. Well if the storm hits tomorrow then I'll stay home. I have several books on my list which I want to read while room-bound.

Rioting crowd at Salahaddin road
Yesterday on my way home, I noticed a large crowd in front of the Police Station at Herod's Gate. I just had to go see what was happening. So I went up the stairs of the nearby Post Office to take some photos. A large group of arabs were righting among itself ... and the police intervened so the arabs started to attack the police as well. Arrests were made ... which resulted in jeering and more provocations. I didn't stay for the whole affair ... I was tired and staying at the edges of a crowd isn't really safe from the virus. So I went home. Never a dull moment.