 |
| Cold wet Palm Plaza |
The storm continued all night ... rain battered my window like pebbles, the wind so strong it blew things into disarray and the ground was soaked wet. It's what we really need ... but I thought it was also quite a pity because the Spring flowers were destroyed by the storm. By 8am this morning the sun came back and the dark clouds blew over into Jordan in the east. However the weather reports show that northern Egypt is still flooded by heavy rains and I think in time this storm system will pass to our side.
 |
| chicken soup |
I went to the bakery at 3am to get some fresh bread this morning. I try not to enter our refectory or eat the common food because a couple of us already suffer from ulcers due to poorly washed cups and utensils. And food shared in common means all sorts of hands and faces are over the serving plates. I can't risk that as my resistance is very low. And I'm not the only one ... some others are also staying away from community life. Mass is even a bigger danger because chalices are never disinfected with alcohol. The Italians who think they know everything insist there is no need. The expensive bottle of alcohol I bought to clean chalices ... they use it wash the floor. Now you understand why Italy is the major exporter of the virus ... their arrogance and ignorance dangers everyone else.
I wanted to fast yesterday but people ... including the doc ... told me I must boost my immunity by eating good food. And coincidentally Linda from Mian restaurant called me over to pick up soup. They boiled chicken with lots of herbs ... that'll boost my immunity. God provides. I drank the soup which was great in this cold wet weather. My cold sore is still lingering and my lower lip has broken into ulcers again. People say its due to fatigue and stress. Perhaps. I'm taking a rest today as a result.