Friday, April 3, 2020

Weekend

My ranunculus on a cloudy day today
I've lost all sense of time ... after being locked in for 2 weeks and everyday is the same routine. Totally confused. And if I hadn't updated my blog ... it's simply because I couldn't remember. For the past 3 days I've been very busy re-doing the catalogue of our 1,100 titles of periodicals ... from A to Z. It involves typing an entire new list, checking if each one was subscribed, out of print or exchanged from another library. It was arduous and required a lot of concentration as I had 4 lists to counter check. Anyway today at 3pm I completed the catalogue. I only have to print it ... but that'll wait for tomorrow. After that I'll have a new project to keep me busy.

The weather has been cloudy and damp ... but with moment of sunshine. Officially it hit 25 degrees at noon but it felt colder than that. Holy Week won't be bright and sunny, that's for sure. The Orthodox ceremony of the Holy Fire which takes place on Holy Saturday will be restricted to 10 bishops of various orthodox denominations, and the fire will be carried by police straight to the airport to airplanes waiting to jet the flames to various orthodox countries like Greece, Russia, Bulgaria etc. There will be no crowds of pilgrims or locals to carry the fire through the streets. Less chaos I guess ... and a good thing too.

I'm enjoying all the beautiful flowers blooming on the terrace. This year is a bumper crop ... the ranunculus are amazing. The heavy rains in winter has done wonders for the bulbs. But let's hope summer really does come ... I'm missing the sun ... and the end of lockdown.