![]() |
| Seeing the City Walls again |
And yes our lockdown has been relaxed ... as mentioned yesterday. This morning I went in our van to the main monastery ... there was laundry to collect but I go to check on the library. There was a lot to do, payments for subscriptions, books to be checked out for students writing their theses, checking if the ceiling is still leaking .... the 30 minutes given to me is not enough. I really must find another time to go and get all the backlog done but I need permission to leave my house alone. Though the govt has relaxed the lockdown, our house rules are not.
![]() |
| Fruit shops and bakeries reopened |
There was another riot by ultra-orthodox jews in our northern neighbourhood against the lockdown. It was quite violent and the police had to charge and fire stun grenades. In Tel Aviv 2000 israelis demonstrated against the political stalemate but in an amazingly orderly manner, each one standing 2m apart in accordance with the law. You have to see the photo to believe it. https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-over-a-thousand-israelis-brave-coronavirus-fears-to-protest-netanyahu-1.8781869?fbclid=IwAR0DHGAMmfMfFyaPnxxbPwLXTLzOrHyqvPF9rS12D8oFp-AXtUhecGWNmoA
And very sadly the annual fly pass on Independence Day has been cancelled to avoid crowds gathering to watch it. Every year I would go to our Jaffa house and watch the fly pass of the latest Israeli air power. It show flies directly overhead our church as it's a landmark on a promontory. I hope next year I get to see it.

