Yesterday night most cities in the world turned off their lights for an hour to show solidarity with the need protect our climate - Earth Hour. It would have been what St Francis of Assisi would have preached and done. Well I turned off my room light at 10.30pm for an hour; only to find out later that I misread the official time to be 20.30 hrs. Ah well ..... at least I meant well even if I'd mistaken the time.
It was freezing cold last night. I went to the Holy Sepulchre for Vespers at 6pm because Vigils is way past midnight due to daylight saving, and I don't think I can make it with my exhaustion and the cold. After Vespers Osvalda our librarian and I went out to a small restaurant in the Old City just behind our Franciscan hostel for pilgrims - "Casa Nova". That's because the place where she's staying didn't serve dinner that night. We had a nice simple meal - a salad and a meat dish. After that I walked home but it started raining.
The rain continued this morning but when I went out to feed the canaries, it started to hail. Small hailstones but terribly painful on the head! And it was freezing cold. The weather has become so weird ... everything has gone topsy turvy. We're having winter in the beginning of summer.
I wanted to go out to buy somethings like toiletries but couldn't get off my work so I stayed in my room studying till 7pm when I walked up to the 8th Station where there is the new supermarket.
Just earlier in the afternoon I got shwarma-ed again by the powers that be. Have to finish my work or else .... the ultimatum ...... Well it's pretty tough to get work done when my 2 computers are not fully working and my right hand/shoulder hurts to high heaven and have difficulty to type on the computer. Aiya .... this is one Lent that has already roasted a lamb way before Good Friday comes. Burnt to a crisp by now.