Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Shrek

The weather did a 180 degree turn and it's very sunny today with very few clouds. But it's still cold. This afternoon I was back at the pharmacies to buy more medicine and dettol and valium (finally got it, but only one box). The kids are totally traumatised in Gaza. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7921416.stm God have mercy.

Last Monday when I was buying medicine at the pharmacy, an american couple (tourists) came in to buy Alka-seltzer. They were surprised to see me buy so much medicine and asked where it was for. When I said Gaza, they were very touched and offered some money to pay for the medicine. Goes to show there're still people who care, like you.

Meanwhile I had chicken sandwich - local style of course. I gathered the leftover chicken (to save them from being thrown away) from last Sunday's lunch and removed the meat. Wrapped them up in "shrek" (not the cartoon ogre! It's a large unleaven bread about one foot in diameter, very fine about only 2mm thick) which the Missionaries of Charity gave me; added wasabe salad dressing (really good stuff) and ate one for brunch and another for tea. It was good. Didn't have lunch though. Today lentil soup was served. I ate instead 4 brussels sprouts for lunch with plain water.

And it's back to more studies. Today I thought discourse analysis would be an interesting twist in my research. So have been reading up on it today.