Monday, March 23, 2009

4th week of Lent

Wow thank goodness the car bomb didn't work. It's scary. The north is now under red alert but I think it's the south that should worry. Jewish Passover is coming round soon and more such attacks could be possible. Better stay away from the screets. http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1237461642345&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

And for those funny emails asking why i stick my head in the birdcage - haloooooooo? The cage is 6 feet long and 5 feet high and 3 feet deep (and 3 feet above the floor); and the door is 3 feet high. So if I have to put in food or take out rubbish, half my body is inside in order to reach the food trough. I just gave them their evening feed (leftover lettuce heads that I found in the rubbish bin, and bell-pepper cores full of seed) and these guys are so funny. They all flew to the bottom and pressed against the wire to see what i was doing.

We're into the 4th Week of Lent and the readings are intensifying. Hope you're preparing for Holy Week. Remember if you join our Sunday Reading blog "Under the Fig Tree" you'll get a Holy Week and Easter Octave special - daily reflection of the readings. Do something special this Lent.