Thursday, March 26, 2009

17th anniversary

Yesterday was the feast of the Annunciation - which marks 17 years of my ordination. I went off to the Holy Sepulchre to celebrate Mass. It was a quiet Mass - me alone inside the Crusader Chapel. But I had lots of time to think and pray. I used the 1st Eucharistic prayer which is very long - and I was thinking of all of you who had been supporting my vocation all these years and praying for you all. Thanks for being around. It helped and still does. The journey had its ups and downs. Being transferred from one end of the earth to another can be exciting but it's the friends you meet along the way that makes the journey worthwhile. I can't repay you, but I'm sure God will.

Spent most of the afternoon reading a ton of books and was so tired I fell asleep at 5pm. We sang solemn Vespers and then it was night again - no rain though but it's terribly cold like as if winter is back with a vengence. Nobody here knew about my anniversary so I kept quiet about it. No big deal.

Today I'll be working on my paper again, and I'll go consult Fr Buscemi who's my 2nd moderator. Hope I won't end up as shwarma again.