Saturday, January 19, 2019

Weekend

sunrise today
Friday was very busy ... only because I thought Thursday was Wednesday and got all my work schedule wrong. Had to recuperate the meetings and jobs on Friday. The weather was awfully cold so after 2pm I went home to stay in my room and get other things done on the computer. At 4pm it was confessions and adoration and bible conference with the MC nuns till 7pm. Immediately had to rush off to thank my volunteers from Milan with an arab dinner. I was exhausted when I returned home.

Seafood soup on a cold day
This morning was class with library work; then room cleaning before meeting several families in need. Then Ah Ling of Mandarin Restaurant called me over. She prepared a fantastic seafood soup ... the chef said it's to strengthen my constitution as I'm still coughing and wheezing and listless. The chef is a new one, from Tel Aviv's Peking Duck restaurant  ... so the food is fantastic. She also fried some noodles and didn't charge me anything. That's very kind of her.

Meantime the weekend - in our case it's Friday and Saturday -  was very tense in and around the Old City. I guess the police are afraid of arab retaliation because an arab terrorist's house had just been demolished. Some leftwing newspapers are questioning why arab terrorists are treated this way but jewish terrorists never have their houses demolished.

Let's hope there'll be no escalation in the violence. Tomorrow will be the jewish arbor day or Tu Bshvat. It marks the beginning of Spring and the first blossoms - the almonds - should be out now.