 |
| Very sunny today |
The weather continues to be very cold but it was very sunny and bright today. Forecast of snow in Jerusalem tomorrow ... I am skeptical. Not a drop of drizzle today. It usually requires a day of rain and hail before snow precipitates. But still it's a land of miracles so it just might snow ... against all odds.
Even though the nights are not as cold as last week (6 degrees instead of 3 degrees), it feels so much colder. My 2 heater-fans aren't enough and I've waken up the last 2 nights shivering and covering up with 2 blankets. In fact the cold has kept me awake most of the night. Yesterday's sandstorm that triggered my asthma has subsided though I still have a dry cough. Breathing today is a lot easier. Maybe tomorrow's "snow" will clear the air and make it cleaner for breathing.
 |
| Sunrise today ... snow unlikely |
Today I did minimal work ... settling bills and payments as usual but staying indoors at home most of the time. That helped a lot. I spent most of my time working out a project ... that took a lot of brain storming. I'll probably be stuck in this for the next days till the weekend.
Yesterday there was a report from the leftwing newspaper saying in the last 3 years the Israeli military courts have fined arabs up to $16 million. Good for Israel's coffers but are they justified and were Israelis treated the same way?
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-in-three-years-israeli-military-courts-have-fined-palestinians-16-million-1.6830009?fbclid=IwAR2sxjyW0HA_HnYP71UGWhvRNoZme_CfrBWbQ5PxfwvpQo9PZYiqQPDiO2E
 |
| Beggar at Damascus Gate |
While Brexit is the big news in Europe and Trump's Wall and the govt. shutdown in America, both are not bothering us locally. We worry about the war in Syria, our northern border with Lebanon and the southern border with Gaza. We don't want trouble ... it's hard enough to live day by day. This morning on my way to work I saw the arab beggar in the middle of Damascus Gate plaza ... despite the cold. That's tough. The women beggars stay inside the Old City streets to keep warm.