 |
Very cold, wet and dark before
the hail |
I am still skeptical it'll snow this evening. It's 3.30pm now the sky has gone very dark and the wind is typhoon-force and extremely cold. It's practically 2 degrees now ... and the drizzle is slashing the air. But there's simply not enough precipitation for even hail to fall ... and that's a pre-requisite for snow. Anyway like I said yesterday, the forecast snow is the biggest talk about town ... no one is talking about Brexit or Trump or anything else.
 |
| Hail in my pots |
Well now I take back my words. Suddenly a hail storm has broken. Very strong winds and heavy hail. My window was pelted so loudly Buddy and Chilli were petrified and were flying round the room screeching in fear. The boys are now hiding in the toilet where there's a heater and its dark .... they feel safe there. In Tel Aviv the winds were so strong, shop glass doors and windows were broken. We'll see how much damage was caused throughout the country tomorrow morning. So well maybe we might have snow later in the night. But being dark, I doubt I'll be able to see it unless I actually go out. Wow there's lightening and thunder right now. Reminds me of 28 years back ... when winters were really winters.
 |
| Hail on chairs |
My dreadful cold 3 days ago is gone and the asthma has gone. The air is a lot cleaner with the strong winds blowing away the desert sands. But now I have a cold sore. Luckily I quickly bought medicine to apply to prevent it from blooming. Trying to nip in the bud. Still it's unsightly. Good thing it's a storm so I don't have to go out to work and show myself. I've got a fever too ... people are dressed in layers of coats and when they see me in 2 medium hoodies, they think I'm mad ... till they shake my hands and feel how hot I am.
One frightening news : with the US pulling out its troops from Syria, the threat of Iran to Israel has grown. Now Israel has voiced the possibility of invading Iran in a preventive strike. Well of course there're lots of rhetoric in the region ... but still this has been the most outspoken threat yet.
https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israel-may-need-to-invade-Iran-says-strategic-report-577590?fbclid=IwAR12uaf4ogItIkofADmLeyUABFTSmRgKMU0d4WMjhW-sHaUXE8pECpLjJ60